COVID 19 UPDATE
Our office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by appointment only. Kindly contact us at 203-783-3210 or by email: email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your patience and please stay safe!
3 Ways to Record
- By mail or
- Placed in our secure dropbox located in the lobby of the Parsons Building. Please note that the building is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and access is through Door #2. If you need recording information prior to receiving the receipt by mail, please indicate that and provide your email address or phone number.
Use of the Land Records Vault: By Appointment Only Between the Hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
BIRTH, MARRIAGE & DEATH CERTIFICATES
To obtain a certified copy, submit your application using our online submission request or by mail. Click here for information.
TO OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LICENSE
Click here to learn how.
- YOU MUST SUBMIT THE MARRIAGE WORKSHEET AND PROVIDE IDENTIFICATION IN ADVANCE OF CONTACTING OUR OFFICE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
- Email the completed worksheet and a copy of government-issued photo identification for both parties to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do NOT include social security information.
Click here for information.
TO FILE A DEATH CERTIFICATE & OBTAIN CREMATION/BURIAL PERMITS
- Call for an appointment
- In advance of your appointment, kindly fax the death certificate so it can be reviewed for accuracy. Our fax number is 203-783-4856
- When our office is closed, kindly contact Milford's Sub-Registrars of Vital Statistics:
- David DeRubeis - Cody White Funeral Home - Office number: 203-874-0268
- Andrea (Rochniak) Blackwood - Doyle Funeral Home - Office number: 1-203-874-5641
- Notary Public
- Trade Name Searches
Empowered by Connecticut state law and the Charter of the City of Milford, the City Clerk serves Milford citizens with the highest degree of integrity and impartiality. This office is the city's information center and acts as the conduit between resident and local and state government to ensure transparency and accessibility.
Primary Duties Include:
1. Registrar of Vital Statistics and Repository for all documents that are filed or recorded as official records within the city including births and deaths
2. Repository for all documents recorded involving real estate and property within the city
3. Issuer of Licenses for:
4. Election administration including printing election, primary & referendum material; and certified lists and party enrolled lists of electors
5. Clerk to the Board of Aldermen
6. Administers oaths to elected and appointed officials
7. Preserves city records
8. Publishes all legal notices
9. Records and maintains city meetings and records including the posting of commission/committee agendas and minutes
10. Provides and maintains a recording system for all land records within the city for landowners, attorneys, title searchers, government agencies and the general public
11. Provides and maintains a system of survey maps as prescribed by state law
12. Serves as the “Keeper of the Seal” of the City of Milford.
|Karen Fortunati||City Clerk||203 783-3210|