COVID 19 UPDATE
Our office is closed to the public with some limited services by appointment only. Please scroll down for more information on those services. Most other services are available by mail or drop off using our secure Drop Box that is located at the main entrance of the Parsons Building. Please note that the building is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Kindly contact us at 203-783-3210 with any questions or to schedule your appointment. Thank you for patience and please stay safe!
Absentee Ballot Information:
- We will be open on October 27 from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm for voters wishing to submit their absentee ballot applications and pick up their ballots in person.
- You may obtain an absentee ballot up to and including November 2nd.
- This office cannot issue absentee ballots on Election Day.
- Absentee ballots must be deposited in one of the Official Ballot Dropboxes by 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- We urge voters to return their ballots as soon as possible. The dropboxes are checked daily by the City Clerk accompanied by a police escort.
- Once you return your completed ballot to this office, you are deemed as having cast your vote by absentee ballot. If you change your mind and wish to vote in person at the polls, you must come to this office and WITHDRAW YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT BY 5:00 PM ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30TH
Absentee Ballot Applications:
- The Secretary of State sent absentee ballot applications to every eligible voter in mid-September.
- This office can also provide Milford voters with absentee ballot applications. Please call to request one.
You Must Complete And Return An Absentee Ballot Application To Obtain An Absentee Ballot.
How to Return Your Completed Absentee Ballot Application to this Office:
- Deposit in one of Milford's three Official Ballot Boxes located in front of City Hall at 110 River Street or at the Parsons Building, 70 West River Street at the entrance to the City Clerk and Tax Offices and at Milford Police Headquarters.
- Or mail to the Milford City Clerk's Office, 70 West River Street, Milford, CT 06460
- This office will begin mailing ballot on October 2nd.
- Once you complete the ballot, you can deposit it in one of the Official Ballot dropboxes or return by mail.
- Click here for an absentee ballot application you can fill in by hand
- Click here for an absentee ballot application you can fill in on the computer
Please call if you have any questions or concerns: 203-783-3210. We are here to assist you in every way to safeguard your right to vote.
City Clerk Services During Covid
Available Online Services:
- E-Recording of land records https://www.ci.milford.ct.us/sites/g/files/vyhlif3461/f/uploads/erecordi...
- Online property records search available from October 10, 1963 to the present. https://www.ci.milford.ct.us/city-clerk/pages/online-land-and-indexed-re...
Services by Mail or Drop Box:
Note that all documents will be sent by the Clerk’s Office by mail. For land recordings, a receipt will be sent by mail.
- Land Record recordings must be submitted online, by mail or placed in our secure dropbox located in the lobby of the Parsons Building. If you need recording information prior to receiving the receipt by mail, please provide your email address or phone number.
- Click here for Certified copies of Birth Certificates
- Click here for Certified copies of Death Certificates
- Click here for Certified copies of Marriage Certificates
- Trade Name filings
- Liquor Permits
- Dog Licenses
- Filing of Notary Public Certificates
By Appointment Only Between the Hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.:
- Use of land records vault between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Marriage license applications - the completed marriage worksheet and identification MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ADVANCE of your appoinment. Email the completed worksheet and a copy of government-issued photo identification for both parties to: email@example.com. Please do NOT include social security information.
- For the filing of Death Certificates and for Cremation Permits and Burial Permits:
- Call for an appointment
- In advance of your appointment, kindly fax the death certificate so it can be reviewed for accuracy. Our fax number is 203-783-4856
- When our office is closed, kindly contact Milford's Sub-Registrars of Vital Statistics:
- David DeRubeis - Cody White Funeral Home - Office number: 203-874-0268
- Andrea (Rochniak) Blackwood - Doyle Funeral Home - Office number: 1-203-874-5641
- Notary Public
- Trade Name Searches
Empowered by Connecticut state law and the Charter of the City of Milford, the City Clerk serves Milford citizens with the highest degree of integrity and impartiality. This office is the city's information center and acts as the conduit between resident and local and state government to ensure transparency and accessibility.
Primary Duties Include:
1. Registrar of Vital Statistics and Repository for all documents that are filed or recorded as official records within the city including births and deaths
2. Repository for all documents recorded involving real estate and property within the city
3. Issuer of Licenses for:
4. Election administration including printing election, primary & referendum material; and certified lists and party enrolled lists of electors
5. Clerk to the Board of Aldermen
6. Administers oaths to elected and appointed officials
7. Preserves city records
8. Publishes all legal notices
9. Records and maintains city meetings and records including the posting of commission/committee agendas and minutes
10. Provides and maintains a recording system for all land records within the city for landowners, attorneys, title searchers, government agencies and the general public
11. Provides and maintains a system of survey maps as prescribed by state law
12. Serves as the “Keeper of the Seal” of the City of Milford.
|Karen Fortunati||City Clerk||203 783-3210|