COVID 19 UPDATE
Our office is closed to the public with some limited services by appointment only. Please scroll down for more information on those services. Most other services are available by mail or drop off using our secure Drop Box that is located at the main entrance of the Parsons Building. Please note that the building is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Kindly contact us at 203-783-3210 with any questions or to schedule your appointment. Thank you for patience and please stay safe!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DOG OWNERS: This year both June and July are dog licensing months. Due to Covid-19, Governor Lamont has extended the time to get your dog license without incurring a late fee. A late fee penalty will start on August 1, 2020. Click here for information.
IMPORTANT VOTER INFORMATION ALERT: CONNECTICUT'S APRIL 28TH PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO AUGUST 11. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS PRESENTLY ON FILE WILL BE HONORED FOR THE AUGUST 11 PRIMARY.
Information on Absentee Ballots for August 11, 2020 Primary:
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Ned Lamont signed an executive order allowing all registered voters in Connecticut to vote absentee in the August 11, 2020 primary.
- Secretary of the State Denise Merrill mailed every registered Democrat and Republican in the state an application that they will need to fill out and return in order to obtain an absentee ballot. That application, which will be sent via U.S. Postal Service, will include a postage paid return envelope.
- Beginning July 27, 2020, all voters who requested an absentee ballot will receive the ballots in the mail, which will also include a postage paid return envelope.
By July 22, Milford will also have two secure ballot drop boxes, one located outside of Parsons Building near entrance #2 and one at the City Hall driveway, to allow voters to deliver their absentee ballots in person without close personal contact. For those who would still like to appear in person to cast their vote, our polling locations will remain open, however, the ability to vote absentee will ensure that the democratic process continues safely and securely.
Check your voter registration status at: https://portaldir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.aspx
Notice is hereby given that a Presidential Preference Primary of the Republican and Democratic Party will be held on August 11, 2020, in each town.
Notice is also hereby given that the following are the names of the candidates (including the category “Uncommitted”) which are to appear on the ballot at said primary in the manner and in the order in which such names and category are herein listed, under the office designation “Nomination for President of the United States”, together with the addresses of such candidates:
Name and Address:
Joe Biden, Wilmington, DE
Bernie Sanders, Burlington, VT
Tulsi Gabbard, Kapolei, HI
Name and Address:
Donald J. Trump, Palm Beach, FL
Roque “Rocky” De La Fuente, San Diego, CA
Dated at Hartford, Connecticut, this 30th Day of June, 2020.
Secretary of the State
The foregoing is a copy of the notice which I have received from the Office of the Secretary of the State in accordance with Secs. 9-433 and 9-471 of the General Statutes. As provided, such primary will be held on August 11, 2020. The hours of voting at said primary and the location of the polls will be as follows:
Hours of Voting: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location of Polling Place Voting District
Joseph Foran High School, 80 Foran Road 117
JF Kennedy School, 404 West Avenue 118-1
Meadowside School, 80 Seemans Lane 118-2
West Shore Rec., Center, 14 Benham Avenue 118-3
Margaret Egan Center, 35 Mathew Street 118-4
Harborside Middle School, 175 High Street 118-5
Orange Avenue School, 260 Orange Avenue 119-1
JF Kennedy School, 404 West Avenue 119-2
Harborside Middle School, 175 High Street 119-3
Absentee ballots will be counted at the following central location: Parsons Municipal Complex, 70 West River Street, Milford, CT.
Dated at Milford, Connecticut, this 8th day of July, 2020.
Town Clerk: Karen Fortunati
Town of Milford
City Clerk Services During Covid
Available Online Services:
- E-Recording of land records https://www.ci.milford.ct.us/sites/g/files/vyhlif3461/f/uploads/erecordi...
- Online property records search available from October 10, 1963 to the present. https://www.ci.milford.ct.us/city-clerk/pages/online-land-and-indexed-re...
Services by Mail or Drop Box:
Note that all documents will be sent by the Clerk’s Office by mail. For land recordings, a receipt will be sent by mail.
- Land Record recordings must be submitted online, by mail or placed in our secure dropbox located in the lobby of the Parsons Building. If you need recording information prior to receiving the receipt by mail, please provide your email address or phone number.
- Click here for Certified copies of Birth Certificates
- Click here for Certified copies of Death Certificates
- Click here for Certified copies of Marriage Certificates
- Trade Name filings
- Liquor Permits
- Dog Licenses
- Filing of Notary Public Certificates
By Appointment Only Between the Hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.:
- Use of land records vault between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Marriage license applications - the completed marriage worksheet and identification MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ADVANCE of your appoinment. Email the completed worksheet and a copy of government-issued photo identification for both parties to: [email protected]. Please do NOT include social security information.
- For the filing of Death Certificates and for Cremation Permits and Burial Permits:
- Call for an appointment
- In advance of your appointment, kindly fax the death certificate so it can be reviewed for accuracy. Our fax number is 203-783-4856
- When our office is closed, kindly contact Milford's Sub-Registrars of Vital Statistics:
- David DeRubeis - Cody White Funeral Home - Office number: 203-874-0268
- Andrea (Rochniak) Blackwood - Doyle Funeral Home - Office number: 1-203-874-5641
- Notary Public
- Trade Name Searches
Empowered by Connecticut state law and the Charter of the City of Milford, the City Clerk serves Milford citizens with the highest degree of integrity and impartiality. This office is the city's information center and acts as the conduit between resident and local and state government to ensure transparency and accessibility.
Primary Duties Include:
1. Registrar of Vital Statistics and Repository for all documents that are filed or recorded as official records within the city including births and deaths
2. Repository for all documents recorded involving real estate and property within the city
3. Issuer of Licenses for:
4. Election administration including printing election, primary & referendum material; and certified lists and party enrolled lists of electors
5. Clerk to the Board of Aldermen
6. Administers oaths to elected and appointed officials
7. Preserves city records
8. Publishes all legal notices
9. Records and maintains city meetings and records including the posting of commission/committee agendas and minutes
10. Provides and maintains a recording system for all land records within the city for landowners, attorneys, title searchers, government agencies and the general public
11. Provides and maintains a system of survey maps as prescribed by state law
12. Serves as the “Keeper of the Seal” of the City of Milford.
|Karen Fortunati||City Clerk||203 783-3210|