As a courtesy to the citizens of Milford. Upon availability of Notary Publics, the City Clerk's Office will notarize documents.
- There is a $5.00 fee for ALL documents and no fee for City documents. The following documents cannot be notarized by the City Clerk's office per our City Attorney (Wills, Living Wills, Power of Attorney forms, Estate and Trust documents, I-9 employment verifications, all documents in a foreign language unless translated on the document, any document that will be recorded on the City of Milford land records including documents related to said recording.)
- Notary Public Commissions are obtained from the Secretary of State: fee $120.00
- Applications for same are available in the City Clerk’s Office.
- Notary Public Commissions are recorded in residence town of the Notary Public: fee $20.00.
- Renewal Commission: $20.00
- Change of name: $15.00
- Change of name & change of address: $15.00
- Change of address to new town: $10.00
- Change of address within town: $10.00
- Name Change recorded: fee $15.00
- Notary Flag: fee $5.00.
To obtain a copy the Notary Public forms:
- Visit the Secretary of the State website
- Stop into the City Clerk's office.