Click here for Dog License application
Good news! This year, you have more time to license your best friend! Connecticut law requires any dog six months of age or older to have a current rabies vaccination and to be licensed. This license must be renewed annually.
Due to the Covid-19 crisis, both June and July are dog licensing months! This means that late fees will not begin to accrue until August 1, 2020. After this date, a penalty of $1.00 per month is charged for each month the dog is unlicensed after it reaches six months of age.
While the Parsons Building is closed to the public, you can register your dog by:
- Mail: Milford City Clerk’s Office, 70 West River Street, Milford, CT 06460
- Email: [email protected]
- Dropbox: Located in Parsons Building lobby, 70 West River Street (open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
What you need to register your dog:
1. Completed application form (click on the link at the top of this page)
2. A current rabies vaccination
3. Proof of spay or neuter
4. Payment: cash, money order, credit card or check made payable to the Milford City Clerk's Office. (Note there is a $1.50 convenience fee for credit cards)
The fees are:
- Female or Male: $19.00
- Spayed Female or Neutered Male: $8.00
- See the below table for more information on other license types and fees
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 203-783-3210. We’re here to help you in any way!
|Late Fee Per Each Month||$1.00|
|Residence Transfer Tag (same dog owner moves their residence to new town)||$.50|
|Replacement Transfer Tag (new owner of already licensed dog)||$1.00|