- Marriage licenses must be applied for in person by both parties. You must schedule an appointment: 203-783-3210 or email: [email protected]
- We can only issue a license for marriage ceremonies taking place in the city of Milford
- Due to Covid-19, the license is good for 125 days from the date of issuance
- The fee is $50.00 plus $20 for a certified copy payable by cash, check or credit card (additional $1.50 convenience fee for credit card payments)
Due to Covid-19, this is our new procedure:
1. Your marriage license worksheet and copies of photo identifications must be submitted in advance of your appointment by:
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 203-783-4856
- Mail: Milford City Clerk's Office, 70 West River Street, Milford, CT 06460
- In person: City Clerk Dropbox located inside lobby of the Parson's Building, 70 West River Street, Milford, CT 06460. NOTE THAT THE BUILDING IS OPEN FROM 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
2. IMPORTANT: Please do not include your social security information on the worksheet. We will obtain that at a later time.
3. Marriage licenses are now issued "curbside." We will meet you outside at a designated spot to issue the license.
4. The fee is $50.00 for the marriage license and $20.00 for a certified copy.
5. Click here for a listing of Milford's Justices of the Peace
If you are already married and would like a Certified Copy of a Marriage License, click here for the form.
1. Return the completed form to the Milford City Clerk's Office, 70 West River Street, Milford, CT 06460 along with the following:
- self-addressed stamped envelope
- daytime telephone number
- $20 fee
2. Submit a request online by clicking here.