How to Make a Complaint of Misconduct against Police Department Personnel

Procedure, Policy and Forms

Policy Statement:

"It is the policy of the Milford Police Department to investigate all complaints made of alleged misconduct or malfeasance against the Milford Police Department or its members. Complaints may be in any manner including verbally, in writing, by telephone fax or email, through a third party, or anonymously. It is also the policy of this department to appropriately address citizen’s inquiries concerning departmental regulations, procedures and policies, action taken by agency employees in the performance of their duties, and similar issues which involve the Department and its members."

Copies of the Department's "Complaints of Alleged Misconduct" policy are available at Police HQ, online (click here) and at the City Clerk's Office located in the Parson's Government Center-70 West River St. Milford, CT 06460.

The following forms are also available at HQ and online:

Civilian Complaint Brochure (describes the complaint process)

Civilian Compliant Form