Officer Daniel S. Wasson Memorial Page
On Sunday, April 12, 1987, Officer Daniel Wasson and his K-9 "General" were conducting a motor vehicle stop on the Boston Post Road. During this motor vehicle stop, Officer Wasson was fatally shot by the vehicle's operator and was found by a passing motorist with a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Officer Daniel Scott Wasson, age 25, was a dedicated police officer and K-9 handler serving the City of Milford. Since joining the police force on March 1, 1985, he had been commended three times for outstanding performance of duty. Officer Daniel Scott Wasson was a U.S. Air Force veteran. General was retired from police service and adopted by Dan's family. Officer Wasson is buried in Kings Highway Cemetery in Milford.
Danny Wasson's Badge number 60 was retired and locker number 43 remains empty to this day serving as a reminder to city police officers who suit up for work that their fellow officer made the ultimate sacrifice.
End of Watch: Sunday, April 12, 1987
- 2016 Employment Opportunity-Recruit Officer
- 2016 Police Recruit Information Packet
- 2016 Police Recruitment Flyer
- Amber Alert
- Beach Stickers
- Child Car Safety Seat Program
- Complaint (Civilian) / Commendable Service Brochure
- Complaint Form (Civilian)
- Department Forms
- Department History
- Divisions & Units
- Employment Opportunities
- Hiring a Police Officer
- Milford Police Academy Graduation 2014 Photos
- Officer Daniel S. Wasson Memorial Page
- Online Accident Reports
- Recruitment Brochure
- Sex Offender Registry