Facility Rentals / Use of City Facilities

Procedure Outlining the Permit Process for the Use of City Facilities

Procedure Outlining the Permit Process for the Use of City Facilities

An “Application for the Use of City Facilities” shall be made in writing to department responsible for the facility (see below) at least thirty- (30) days in advance of the event.

1. Contact the department responsible for the requested facility to determine if the date(s) are available.  (see below.)

2. Obtain and complete an “Application for the Use of City Facilities” from said department or from the City’s website at www.ci.milford.ct.us  in Document Center under General Documents http://www.ci.milford.ct.us/files

3. Contact your insurance agent to obtain a Certificate of Insurance (see Insurance Requirements and Examples).

4. Obtain all sign offs on page 2 of the application from the departments listed below in numbers 5 – 9. The Department responsible for the facility is the final sign off (see #10)

5. Contact the Public Works Department (783-3269) to obtain Electricity, Garbage Cans, Safety Fencing, Tables/Chairs, Restrooms, and Restrooms Supplies (fee may be charged).

6. Contact the Milford Health Department (783-3285) for licensing and health guidelines if your event is open to the public and food/beverages will be served.

7. Contact the Fire Marshal’s Office of Milford Fire Department (874-6321) if your event will be setting up auxiliary tents/structures, electricity/generators, carnival type games, etc., or will be sponsoring a bon-fire. (Charcoal grills / Open fires are PROHIBITED)

8. Contact the Patrol Division of the Milford Police Department (878-6551) for security, crowd control, traffic control (the sponsoring organization shall be responsible for providing police coverage).

If your event is a road race/walk please refer to the Road Race/Walk Special Instructions and the organizer must contact the Traffic Division at [email protected] 

9. Contact the Recreation Department (203-783-3281) for all recreation facilities.

10. Have the Indemnity Agreement on page 4 of the application notarized, then submit the application; along with appropriate fees (application and other); Certificate of Insurance and Endorsements to the department responsible for the facility for final approval and permit.



City Hall Auditorium

Community Development 203-783-3230

Library Program Room          

Library Business Office 203-783-3291

[email protected]

Parsons Complex Conference Rooms  

Community Development 203-783-3230

Parsons Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium

Public Works  203-783-3269

[email protected]

Milford Lisman Landing

Milford Lisman Landing 203-874-1610

[email protected]

Milford Senior Center

Senior Center 203-8775131

[email protected]


For all other locations contact the Milford Recreation Department at 203-783-3386 or [email protected]