How can I file more than a complaint?

What can I do about a dispute with a neighbor, landlord, or another problem in my community?

Unfortunately, many subjects of disputes do not fall under our jurisdiction. They are still valid issues and unfortunately can cause escalating tensions and unpleasantness. In these cases, mediation can often help address these issues in a way that benefits all parties involved, without the need for lawsuits or other measures.  Community Mediation, Inc. in Hamden will provide low-cost mediation services to Milford residents and businesses.  You may contact them directly at:

or mediation may be arranged through the Director of Permitting and Land Use office