Mayor Blake Announces Spring Bulk Waste Pickup Schedule
Mayor Ben Blake announces Milford’s Spring Bulk Waste Pickup Program schedule.
This residential pickup service requires the homeowner to prepare and separate the following acceptable bulky waste items. Similar items should be placed together in bags and containers. All acceptable items placed at the curb will be taken, INCLUDING CONTAINERS. Residents should adhere to the following requirements:
- Small bulk waste items must be bagged or boxed
- Yard waste must be placed in disposable paper bags. (Grass clippings are not permitted)
- Brush and wood must be cut, tied, and bundled in lengths four-foot or less
- Passenger car tires (four tires max) must be separated from other waste
- Metal must be no longer than four-foot lengths and separated from other waste
- Electronics and white goods must be separated from other waste
- Bulk waste must be placed away from regular trash/recycling containers
- Bulk waste must be set out for collection no sooner than the Saturday prior to the scheduled pickup
The following materials are PROHIBITED from the Bulk Waste and Transfer Station program. Please note the local Milford disposal options below:
- Hazardous waste 1
- Liquid Waste including oil-based paint 2
- Propane Tanks 3
- Grass clippings, logs, and stumps 4
- Sheetrock, concrete/cement, bricks, porcelain tubs, sinks or toilets and other demolition material 5
1 Residential Haz Waste drop-off dates will be noticed once the schedule is available. See https://www.rwater.com/in-the-community/hazwaste-central for more information.
2 Paints including Oil Based & Latex may be dropped off to Colony Paint, www.paintcare.org.
3 Propane Tank drop-off dates will be noticed once the schedule is available.
4 Grass clippings may be brought to Grillo Services, 1183 Oronoque Road.
5 Concrete, Bricks, Porcelain Sinks & Toilets, Sheetrock & other Construction Demolition debris may be brought to Waste Conversion / City Carting, 221 Old Gate Lane.
The following is the planned 2023 Bulk Trash Pickup Schedule. These dates are subject to change:
Your Bulk Pick Up
Monday, April 17th
Monday, April 24th
Monday, May 1st
Monday, May 8th
Questions should be directed to the Public Works Office, 203-783-3265.
The Milford Transfer Station will return to normal operating hours beginning April 8, 2023 (Monday – Saturday: 7:00am – 3:00pm).