In conjuction with the Walnut Beach Enhancment Committee, Beach Shore Village and the City of Milford, a facade improvement matching grant of up to $20,000 is available for businesses in the Walnut Beach Business District. Please call the Economic and Community Development Department for more information.
State and Federal Incentives
- SBA Loan Guarantee Program - SBA provides a number of financial assistance programs for small businesses including 7(a), 504 and disaster assistance loans
- CT Development Authority - The Connecticut Development Authority provides debt financing and investment capital to help businesses grow in Connecticut. They also partner with a variety of lending sources to help stimulate business startup and expansion in Connecticut. They can help you, or direct you to funding sources available in Connecticut.
- Community Economic Development Fund - CEDF has numerous loan products to assist small business owners who have problems obtaining traditional financing, CEDF provides loans with flexible terms to ensure business success
- Community Capital Fund - CommCap makes loans to small businesses for capital improvements, working capital, fixed asset acquisition, commercial real estate and leasehold improvements.
- CT Department of Economic and Community Development - The DECD has qualifying tax credit and assistance programs for:
- Low interest loans for Small Businesses in selected industries
- Tax credits for new CT jobs in selected industries
- Assistance for Manufacturers
- Brownfield and contamination cleanup assistance
- Connecticut Department of Banking - Connecticut Department of Banking protect users of financial services from unlawful or improper practices by requiring that regulated entities and individuals adhere to the law
- Department of Commerce - Grants from the Department of Commerce
- Connecticut Credit Unions - Find a Credit Union in Connecticut
- CT Small Business Loan Programs - Get information on various low interest or revolving loan proagrams offered in Connecticut to small and mid-sized businesses.
- Department of Labor - The CT Department of Labor can provide training incentives and resources for qualifying businesses. Contact
- Connecticut Procurement and Technical Assistance - Connecticut Procurement and Technical Assistance helps businesses connect to government procurement opportunities. PTAP matches products and/or services with government bids, registers businesses with government procurement agencies and assists with proposal and bid preparation.
- Business.gov loan search tool - This site will help you find special loan programs that meet your criteria.
- CHEFA Tax-Exempt Financing
- CT Child Care Facilities Microloan Program - The CT Child Care Facilities Microloan Program is made possible through a partnership of the New Haven Community Investment Corp., the Connecticut Health & Educational Facilities Authority and the U.S. Small Business Administration. Loan amounts up to $10,000 are available to for-profit and not-for-profit child-care providers statewide.
- Economic and Manufacturing Assistance Act (MAA) - The Economic and Manufacturing Assistance Act (MAA) provides incentive-driven direct loans for projects with strong economic development potential. Eligible uses for the funds are planning studies, acquisition of real property, construction/renovation, working capital and business support services. A Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) program.
- MicroLoan Program - The CTCIC's MicroLoan Program, established by the SBA, provides from $500 to $35,000 to start-up, recently established or growing small businesses.
- State of CT Tax Incentives - Connecticut's Tax Incentive Programs