“When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work.”
- FDNY Chief Edward F. Croker
Job Posting Date: July 16, 2014
The Milford Fire Department is accepting applications for a full-time 911 dispatcher position. Preference will be given to prospective applicants who are Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD), E911 and/or COLLECT certified, and who have prior emergency dispatch experience. Good communication, vocal and people skills, as well as some familiarity with computers and the ability to type at least 30 words per minute, are highly desirable attributes of candidates for this position. In order to qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be free of a felony record.
- Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) test.
- Successfully pass a drug screen.
- Have uncorrected visual acuity of 20/100 or better in each eye, corrected to 20/20 in each eye, both at 16 inches and 20 feet.
- Have normal hearing and be free of hearing defects (Hearing is considered normal when a whispered conversation can be heard at 15 feet.).
- Successfully pass a departmental interview.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application and resume to:
City of Milford
72 New Haven Ave
Milford, CT 06460
Last Filing Date: All Applications must be submitted on or before August 1, 2014.
The City of Milford is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
|911 Dispatcher Employment Application||275.13 KB|
- About the Fire Department
- Board of Fire Commissioners
- Fire Marshal's Office
- Fire Stations
- Hydrant Ordinance
- IAFF Local 944
- Ice Rescue Training 2014
- Press Releases
- Response Area