This Division provides engineering design, construction inspection, and survey services for municipal projects and for projects which require engineering permits under zoning subdivision, site plan, and off-street parking regulations.
We oversee all street-opening excavations, sanitary sewer installations, construction of sidewalks, curbs, driveway approaches, and handicap ramps which require permits under city ordinance.
We issue licenses to contractors who need to obtain permits required by city ordinances where work falls within public rights-of-way.
Our survey activities include providing line and grade for roadside improvements where curbs and sidewalks are required, and for design and topographic surveys.
Technical assistance is provided as requested for all city departments and agencies including the Fire Department, the Board of Education, and the Sewer Commission.
- 2014 Stormwater Management Plan
- 2015 Stormwater Management Plan
- Bonds Estimates
- CT Statutes on Engineers, Land Surveyors & Architects
- Design Criteria for Sewer Equivalency
- Documents & Applications
- Elevation Certificates
- Engineering Guidelines for Site Plans
- State Project 83-262 Naugatuck Avenue Drainage Improvements
- Vertical & Horizontal Control Points