Birth Records more than 100 years old (1896 and earlier):
- Any Person
Birth Records less than 100 years old:
- Person who is the subject of the birth certificate
- Parent or Guardian or Grandparent, if a minor
- Spouse or Children
- Chief Elected Official of Municipality or agent
- Local Health Director
- Title examiners
- Members of Incorporated Genealogical Societies or Societies Authorized to Conduct Business in Connecticut
- Persons Authorized by court Order
- State or Federal Agency Authorized by State Commissioner of Public Health
The following information is needed for Birth Request
- Full name at birth (first, middle, last)
- Date of Birth
- Place of birth (Name of the Connecticut Hospital and/or the Town or City in Connecticut where born)
- Father's full name (including middle name)
- Mother's full name (including middle name & maiden name)
- Copy of your driver's license
- Telephone number where you can be reached
The person whose birth is recorded, if over eighteen (18) years of age, or that person's parent or guardian if that person is a minor shall submit a photographic identification.
Should a photographic identification be unavailable, originals or photocopies of two (2) of the following documents
shall be substituted for it
PLEASE Include a phone number where we can reach you if we have any questions.
(1) social security card
(2) social security card supplemented with either an employment identification card, a paycheck stub or a W-2 form. Providing the documents in this subdivision fully satisfies the
identification requirements of this section;
(3) automobile registration
(4) copy of utility bill showing name and current address
(5) checking account deposit slip or bank statement stating name and current address
(6) voter registration card
(7) valid government issued trade or professional license
(8) valid government issued firearm permit
(9) probation documents issued by a court or other government agency, pursuant to a criminal conviction
(10) letter from a government agency verifying identity. The letter shall be dated within six months prior to the date of the request
(11) release documentation from a correctional institution containing a photograph of the former inmate and a release date within 12 months prior to the date of the request
(12) birth certificate of the requester
(13) military discharge papers
(14) current school or college photographic identification; or
(15) government issued photographic identification that has expired within 12 months prior to the date of the request.
This means that all persons shall provide documentation proving that they are entitled to a copy of or access to birth certificates just as they always have: the person whose birth is recorded if over 18 years of age; his or her parent, or guardian if a minor, such persons, children, grandchildren, spouse; Chief Executive Officer of Municipality or his authorized Agent, the local Director of Health; Attorneys at Law; Title examiners; and members of legally incorporated genealogical societies shall have access to and be permitted to examine the original or any copy of the birth certificate of any person when they provide our office with proper and prescribed documentation of the identity.
Check payable to Milford City Clerk
$20.00 for a Full size Birth Certificate that has parents information on it
$15.00 for a Wallet size Birth Certificate that does not have parent information on it
(if mailing, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope)
Certified copies of Full size Birth Certificates (with parents names on it): fee $20.00; Wallet size (aka Registration of Birth without parents names on it): fee $15.00.
Click here for application.