Mission Statement of the Milford Public Library
The ultimate aim of the Milford Public Library is to provide the means for people to keep up with change in all areas, educate themselves continuously, become socially and politically aware, be more capable in their occupations, develop their creative abilities, appreciate literature, and the arts, be knowledgeable about the past, and stimulate their own personal and social well being.
It is the responsibility of the library to serve as a center of reliable information; to assemble, store and retrieve information of individual and general interest as can be found in books and related informational and recreational materials.
To aid in carrying out this mission the library seeks:
• To provide freedom of thought and information.
• To provide opportunity and encouragement for people of all ages to educate themselves continuously through library materials, programs and technical facilities.
• To support educational, civic, and cultural activities of groups and organizations, provide
• information on their issues and services, and encourage their use of the library.
• To provide opportunity for recreation through the use of literature, music, and other art
• forms, and by the ongoing presentation of programs of current or ongoing interest.
[REVIEWED AND RE-AFFIRMED BY THE BOARD 12/20/00]
[APPROVED BY THE BOARD 9/9/92]